2.07.2011

Hey Look we are blogging again!

I have been waiting since last year to do this. :) My friends (Lyndsey and Michelle R.) blogged their "love" stories on the week leading up to Valentines day. I loved reading it so much and looked forward to the new post, I thought I would do it this year for you all. We have really been wanting to revive our blog and what a perfect thing to get it going again as well as a way to document our whole story all in one place. If I were more prepared I would have better pictures for you.....but I don't. Anyway, here we go starting from the very beginning. These posts will be lengthy, I have a hard time leaving out details so skim through if you feel so inclined.

1999-2000 When we met:
Our first year at Glencoe High School in good ol' Hillsboro, Oregon. Or as we always called it Hillsburrito, because of the high population of hispanics.

(The front entrance to our high school)

We were both 14 years old. Our first year in high school. We ended up having Seminary, Geometry and Spanish together. I can't remember which class we had when, but I first remember noticing Drew in Seminary on freshmen orientation day; aka:our first day of classes before all the upperclassmen came to school. So maybe we had seminary first? After that, one other random memory I have is seeing him with his girlfriend at the time, walking down the hall holding hands. I remember being so jealous of her and then thinking how silly that was because I didn't even know Drew. It wasn't the jealous "I wish I had a boyfriend" it was the "I wish HE was my boyfriend" type feeling. I thought it was completely weird to feel that. I don't think I had even talked to him at that point. (I know, give me a break I was 14)

So to preface the rest of this, instant messaging back then was like THE thing to do. Pretty much every night everyone was on the computer instant messaging our friends having several conversations at a time. One night I got a random message from "itsguy" (that was his screen name) who was one of Drews best friends, Chris Anderson. I can't remember exactly what he said but it had something to do with Drew crushing on me. I was flattered like a 14 year old girl gets when a boy likes her but at the same time didn't know what to think because I still didn't think we knew each other well so how could he even like me? Either way, through my friend Emily and his friend Chris giving info to each of us because we were too shy to talk to each other about it and us getting to know each other during the classes we had, we were flirting it up. Next thing I know the summer before our sophomore year I was smitten. We were staying up late every night instant messaging. That was really the extent of our "pre-relationship". haha We couldn't drive and our friends weren't the same so we just never did anything outside of school, especially not during the summer. Finally, at the end of the summer we decided to get a group together and go to a movie.

Now I have to mention that not only was I extremely shy and awkward when it came to all of this (hence just talking on instant message) I was also very obedient when it came to my parents rules and the standards of the church, which I don't think was or is a bad thing. But when we were getting a group together to go to the movie we HAD to make sure there was going to be an odd amount of people there because this could NOT be a date or an opportunity for "pairing off". We had it all planned out but when I showed up with Emily to the theater Drew and his buddy Keegan (who Emily was crushing on) were the only ones to meet up with us. I was mortified! haha I felt very guilty for it ending up that way.....but we went into the movie anyway. We saw What Lies Beneath. Don't remember much of the movie. But on our way out Drew put his arm around me, handed me this green pencil we had an inside joke about him stealing from me and he asked me to be his girlfriend. I, of course, said yes. We hugged and went our separate ways back home. haha We were official! I was so excited.

We instant messaged even more after that. (still nothing but......seriously, I didn't like talking on the phone) Once school started we were together at school as much as possible. We even tried to change our schedules so that we had as many classes together as we could. He was playing football and I was playing soccer so we would walk down to the locker rooms together to go practice. We were literally 15 year olds holding hands at school and instant messaging at night. It was juvenile. But we were loving it.

(I wish I could find our freshman and sophomore pictures, but then again maybe I don't because neither of us are proud of the way we looked back then. So I guess we are just sparing you.)

Up next: Our first kiss. Ooo La La!

7 Pieces of Awesomeness:

alyssa said...

Oh my goodness, this is too cute! I totally remember instant messaging back then. All the rage :) I will definitely stay tuned for the rest of the story!

Dana Scarbrough said...

HAHAHA! This brings back many memories of high school- and don't worry Hailey, I was way jealous of Phillip dancing with a girl I knew- and I hardly knew him! But it was that feeling that encouraged me to reflect on WHY that would bother me?...yeah, I liked him! lol Sometimes jealously can turn out positively I guess!

blaine and michelle said...

I LOVE that you're doing this!!!!! This makes me so happy. You're awesome. I can't wait until the next installment!

Andrew and Lyndsey Richardson said...

I am with Michelle! So excited to hear what is next. Good luck though...actually having to write it all is harder than I ever thought! So worth it though.

Sam and Kat said...

haha omg i loooove this! your stories are seriously so similar to what sam and i were like! especially with the instant messaging (i didnt like talking on the phone either) AND the odd number of girls and boys before i was 16 LOL! somehow we always found a 5th wheel to tag along with us haha.. yall are so cute. cant wait to read more! and kudos to you for writing it all out! we were both so immature back then that i'm not sure i'd have the guts to write everything for all to read hahaa! we usually tell people now a days that we dated since we were 16 but i was actually just 14 when we started hanging out lol shhh... anywho, hope yall are doing well! can't wait for the next post! :)

Etts a Beautiful Life said...

How fun! I can't wait to read all the entries.

Sarra said...

Oh my gosh! This post seriously made me feel like I was 15 again, and VERY awkward. Hahahaha - I love it!