2.10.2011

Who is this other girl?

Before all of this, check out my sister rock another version of PROVO UTAH GIRLS!

Okay, so lets keep this one short and sweet. The other girl was Emily. (Emily and I had been best friends since kindergarten. She helped Drew and I hook up months earlier.) She pounced on him as soon as I broke up with him. The first time I realized what was happening was at a basketball game a week or two after we had broken up. She met up with Drew there, I saw them sitting the in the bleachers. He was sitting behind her and she was leaning back into him and put her arms over his legs. I cried. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. I felt sick to my stomach. I cried and cried. My friend Marissa listened to me, she tried to make me feel better. I felt stupid for feeling the way I was since I was the one who broke up with him. But I thought he still liked me at least. I thought that we might casually date when we turned 16. We were both turning 16 in March. (Our birthdays are 7 days apart, he is older and has always reminded me of that since I've known him.) We planned our birthday party together. We still went through with that actually. It was at my house. Emily went home early and Drew walked her home and never came back. (Emily lived 3 doors down from my house)

( a senior picture of each of us)

Drew wants to make sure that I let all know that he was innocent in all of this. In his mind he had no idea I was being hurt by the situation because he was under the impression that I did not like him anymore because I broke up with him. SO he had no idea I cried that night at the basketball game and did not know I even cared what he was doing.

(A picture we JUST took with one of the flip-flops Drew gave me for my 16th birthday. He gave them to me that night we celebrated our bdays together. He bought them for me while he was on a trip to Utah with his family visiting conference and BYU. I used to wear them almost everyday. I know, super stylish.)

(Me sophomore year with Erica)

Shortly after that, Emily confronted me in the halls at school and asked if I was okay with her and Drew hooking up. For once I ACTUALLY said what I was feeling. It was so liberating. I told her no, I was not okay with it. That I still had feelings for Drew. Then the bell rang and we had to go to our classes. That was all that was ever said. They were already together. We stopped talking really after that. They dated for 3 years.

(Found another pic of me during homecoming when we had our first kiss and below is one of Drew's football pics)

Because Emily and I were both on Student Council, I would run into them in the student council room several times a day. Like I mentioned before, Emily lived (still does) 3 doors down from my house, so I would see Drew's truck parked outside her house ALL.THE.TIME. (Yeah, it was not cool.) So as much as I just wanted to move on as quick as possible, those things made it hard. But I did move on. I didn't date anyone else but I was happy just doing the high school thing. I was all about being in high school but not being of it. In other words, I didn't want to be a part of the drama. Hence, why I moved on from the "Dremily" situation. (Two of my best friends the rest of high school were Chris Anderson and Kyle Garvin. Kyle dated my best friend Erica so we all hung out a lot. Kyle and Chris came up with the term "dremily" because we all hated the situation. All of Drew's friends said he was not the same when he dated Emily. I had a lot of people on my side. I still had feelings for Drew so of course I was prone to not like anything about the Drew and his girlfriend situation. I think we might have even placed a burning bag of poop on her door step at one point.)

(Good ole' student ID's from high school)

Tidbit of information. Erica's parents owned Grocery Outlet which Erica, Drew and I (and a lot of other people from school) worked at after school. So although Drew and I never spoke at school, we had brief interactions while at work which I attribute to us staying connected the little bit that we did. (Drew would like me to add that he was pretty much my boss at the G.O.)
(THE actual Grocery Outlet we worked at in Hillsboro. We called it the G.O.)

For Emily's sake I need to say that this is MY side of the story. Its the way I saw things and the emotions I felt. I'm sure Emily's side of the story is different. And I did break up with Drew, so technically he was free game.

Up Next: Getting back together... and the most awkward second, first kiss ever. I'm still debating on sharing the details of this, it was that awkward. And not because of Drew.

6 Pieces of Awesomeness:

Etts a Beautiful Life said...

Of all the things Drew wants to throw in there, he wants to point out that he was your boss!? :) He should be pointing out that pretty much for the entire three years he dated that other chick he wanted you back! And that he secretly checked you out when you bagged groceries.

Crystal Noel Perry said...

I only have one thing to say to you. Why was I not at your 16th b-day party? Cuz I went to Westview, and you couldn't be seen with me with your school friends around? ;) I'm LOVIN' these posts, by the way. :) You're the greatest!

alyssa said...

Oh my goodness, I'm loving this story Hailey! It makes me want to write out Jordan and I's story, but ours isn't nearly as fun as yours :)

blaine and michelle said...

Still loving it. It reminds me of us. And it makes me want to write it again. But, wait, I already did that. Maybe I can think of something else fun to write about.....hm.....

Dana Scarbrough said...

HELLO! You can't start this thing and then drop tidbits about experiences and never tell! Now you have to tell about the awkward kiss...you have no choice.

C Bass said...

Hehe. I know it's an old post by now but I just saw it. Dremily...hehe...I remember that. I'd like to point out that Kyle and I did our best to make Dremily as miserable as possible. We even left kidney beans in her front yard when we found out she was suffering from...a certain kind of stone formation. I have since been afflicted by said stones and wish I was more kind about the whole situation...but...not really. :)

I'm just glad Sugar Bunz and Dibujaste survived the Dremily.

Love you guys.