2.11.2011

CHANGE: Heading our separate ways......

Due to the fact that I was on a date with my husband tonight and its too late for me to think straight when writing the details of us getting back together, I will postpone those details until tomorrow. (Really, I am just wanting to delay having to tell about our awkward second first kiss.) Tonight will be some interesting details leading up to us getting back together. Its still good stuff, no worries.


2003-2004
We graduated June of 2003. Funky thing about this was that we had been out of school since the middle of May. Our school district didn't have enough money to keep us in school. Kind of ridiculous but you didn't hear any of the seniors complaining about it. As usual for seniors to do, Drew and I's friends (our friends were very intertwined once "dremily" began) started planning a graduation trip to Disneyland. Emily was heading it up because her Aunt was helping us find plane tickets. (I think?) A good little group was going. For days I was BEGGING my dad to let me go. I finally had talked him into it and let Emily know I was in. I had the ok to go and I was so excited. She told me sorry, it was too late to get plane tickets. Not true. And looking back, I would have found my own plane tickets thank you very much! According to Drew she just didn't want me to go. (Dirty) So I had some extra time to work at Grocery Outlet while they were gone and make more money for school. It was lame being at work knowing they were living it up in Disneyland for that week, but eh, what can ya do?

I was accepted to BYU-Idaho for Winter/Summer term. I was going to be home working through the summer and fall until January 2004. Erica went to college in Seattle the beginning of September. So I hung out with Chris a lot. Thank goodness he was around or my social life would have been working at Grocery Outlet. haha (Chris is one of Drew and I's favorite people. We both often reminisce about memories we have thanks to Chris.) Drew started school at PCC (Portland Community College) so he was still around as well, waiting to go on his mission. And since he was a "head honcho" at the G.O. he was of course still there working too.

So, December rolled around and I worked my last 2 weeks at the G.O. Drew totally surprised me and gave me a Christmas card on my last day at work. It basically just said its been real and and its been fun, and Grocery Outlet will miss you. (haha yeah, he actually said the G.O. would miss me...aka: he will miss me) I was just surprised he thought to even give me a card. I thought it was a nice gesture. Drews little sister Courtney started working at the G.O. a little before I left and I loved her (and the rest of his family) so I decided I would drop by their house to say goodbye to them before I went to school. I wrote notes for everyone, including Drew. I said something like, call me when you get your mission call. I'm excited for you to go. I'll send you a wedding announcement while you're gone. haha I was just kidding. But it made Drew think twice. He SO wanted me back! He couldn't handle thinking about me marrying somebody else.

January 2004. I'm at BYU-Idaho finally in my first semester in college! I was loving it. I had some weird 25 year-old RM after me which didn't last long at all. Drew and I instant messaged every once in a while or e-mailed. It was very infrequent and random. But we were still in touch.
Februrary 2004. (*sigh* Oh you guys, I'm too sleepy.........TO BE CONTINUED TOMORROW. It IS tomorrow. This is getting out of control.)

3 Pieces of Awesomeness:

Darren and Traci said...

I'm loving this! I so need to sit Darren down and get ours out. There are so many things we just can't remember or are like, "oh yeah, I forgot about that" when we talk about our relationships beginning. It's so fun to learn about your guys' relationship.

I can't remember what dance it was that Chris and I went together and you and Drew did and we went to that Hawaiian restaurant? I think it was winter formal and I think it was called NoHos or something like that? I'd totally forgotten about that until now haha Funny how paths cross

alyssa said...

I totally am laughing at the "I'll send you a wedding announcement while you're gone." That's hilarious!!

Daniel and Megan said...

I've loved reading your story... but.... I'm so nervous, wondering, will they ever get back together ?! :) lol