2.09.2011

The Break-Up

I just have to start this post saying that this break-up was AWFUL! It wasn't messy or anything, it just.......*sigh* you'll see.


So we continued to "school date" until mid-January. From the beginning of our relationship I was torn about whether or not we should even be in a relationship because the prophet (and our seminary teacher, and our parents) counseled not to date before we were 16. Again, I am very obedient. I was so confused! On top of that I REALLY liked Drew and was just flabbergasted that I got a boy to like me as much as he did. But I had no idea what to do with these strong feelings I had for him. Looking back I wish I would have communicated my worries and concerns with him. I never said a word about it.

One January day I couldn't do it anymore. I felt like I needed to end it; I even convinced myself I didn't like him. I avoided him at school all day and went home determined to break up with him the next day. To my surprise he CALLED me that night after I had avoided him all day. Gasp! A phone call! He knew something was up. (duh) He asked me what was wrong. I asked if we could talk about it at school the next day. He said no, to just get it out. I was not prepared and caught off guard. I broke up with him on the phone. Worst of all, I told him it was because I didn't like him anymore! Isn't that terrible? He said, "soooo, that's it?" I paused and said, "well, yeah." Then we hung up.

I was a wreck. I was literally shaking. I felt rotten for the way it all happened. I felt a bit relieved that I ended it because I felt like I needed to, but it just happened so wrong. According to Drew he went in his room and cried. I broke his heart. So sad huh? He didn't talk to me for about a week. Worst week ever. On instant message one night he finally started talking to me. He said he would rather us be friends and be able to talk to me than not have me at all.

I was heart broken that week we weren't talking. I missed him and had horrible feelings of regret. I kept wanting to take it all back and just be happily together again. I realized more than ever how much I liked him. But I couldn't get myself to say anything about how I was feeling. That is until the other girl came along.

Next: Who is this other girl? (I know, you are just dying to know already. haha)

6 Pieces of Awesomeness:

Jacob S. said...

I'm loving these posts, Hai! That picture of you and Beau is how I remember you guys. Such little kids. :) love reading about you and Drew's journey together. Keep the posts coming!

Jacob S. said...

(FYI, it's Jamie, not Jake. :) )

Etts a Beautiful Life said...

This is so fun!

Drew said...

For the record, I was a very good boyfriend! Made her some very cool CD mixes, tried to be to all her classes to walk her to her next one, and gave her presents. Then she drops me like a bad habit! no respect

Hailey said...

Haha poor drew, he was a very good boyfriend. He's an even better husband.

Sarra said...

Aaa! I know this whole story, because you've told me before, but seriously, I almost started to cry when I read this!
You guys have a unique story, and it's really fun to hear. :)