2000-2001 (sophomore year, we are 15 now)
We had been together for about 2 months. It was October, our Homecoming night. I had been nominated for Homecoming Princess and won. It was surreal to me. I thought only the popular people won homecoming princess?! I wasn't popular was I? It 100% surprised. I was crowned during half-time of our football game, Drew was watching up in the stands. After the game, we met up at the dance. (One of my biggest regrets about this time is that we have no pictures of us together. Its so sad. Thats all partly due to my shyness about being in a relationship and Drew and I only seeing each other at school.)
We had a great time at the dance. That was the first dance I ever went to where I had the same person to dance with during every slow song. haha I loved it. It was so awkward wondering who was going to ask you or if you were going to get asked to dance. Anyway, if Drew ever comes out of his shell for you, you should see the moves this boy has! LOL He and our friend, Chris, were quite the entertainment in between all the slow songs.
Here is where Drew and I have differing memories. (Although, talking about it this second we seem to have the same memory now. I think he is the one who confused it, he thinks I'm the one. Eh, who cares. We will both remember it right forever now thanks to this.) So this is how WE remember our first kiss. (We have no idea when we first held hands by the way.) It was the last slow song of the night. We danced to the song Amazed by Lonestar. Classic high school dance slow song. haha Right at the end of the song Drew whispered, "I'm going to kiss you now" I looked up at him and said, "SURE!" I felt so stupid....Sure? I just said, sure?? haha We had a short and sweet peck and that was that. We walked out holding hands--he went home with Chris, I went home with my mom. I was on cloud 9. My FIRST kiss! I was so nervous about it leading up to it. I knew it had to be coming sometime. (There were a few conversations about it on instant message but neither of us remember the details of those chats) But it was perfect. You can't really mess up a sweet little peck. We are both proud of the fact that we are each others first kiss.
Tomorrow: The Break Up (I know........its coming already?)

(My brother Beau and I after the homecoming assembly. Beau was Senior Class President and in charge of homecoming. My mom made all my formal dresses just how I wanted them. She is amazing. I was very conservative and you can see I had simple taste. haha)
3 Pieces of Awesomeness:
I just love this. So funny your first kiss was almost just like ours -- on Homecoming night, short, after we'd already been together for a few months. Can't wait for tomorrow!
There is NO WAY that picture is of you! It doesn't look like you at all! Good story :)
I am loving this. It's like a little romance novel. i'm sucked in! You totally look like your mom in this picture.
Post a Comment