7.02.2010

On a lighter note......

I am LOVING these Pita Pockets right now. Pita Pocket salad....my meal of choice presently. So easy, fresh and filling. Love. It. This is my favorite way to get some raw veggies for the day. I just chop up some crispy romaine (my personal favorite because of the crispy part), dice some red onions (I believe this to be the key ingredient), carrots, tomatoes, and avocados. I would like to add cucumbers too but I keep forgetting to grab some at the store. I swear my memory has never been the same since having kids. Sprinkle some feta cheese. Stuff it in the pita half. Viola! It doesn't even need dressing!

To accommodate Drews tastes buds I made a philly cheesesteak pita the other night. Really, I just made it for me and Drew ate his the traditional way. On a nice white, toasty sub. Mmmmmm.
I would have pictures of these glorious ways to eat-a-pita (that is fun to say) but we ate them before I could take a picture. And even if I did get a picture the quality would be so embarrassing it wouldn't be "blog worthy". So a picture of my favorite pitas will have to do. Try it and love it like I do!

4 Pieces of Awesomeness:

alyssa said...

Mmmm that sounds great!

Dana Scarbrough said...

minus avocado, plus cucumbers and sprouts and I would definately enjoy it. Also, the philly sounds delish. And um, pretty sure Phil would NOT eat veggie pitas! lol We've made progress, but not THAT much progress! hehe

blaine and michelle said...

That sounds SOOOO good! I think I'm going to need to pick some of those up at the store! Yum!

Andrew and Lyndsey Richardson said...

Looks and sounds yummy! Leave it to you to have all the good food ideas! Share some more...