You know that game MadGab where you read phrases like "Heaven Iced Hey" and you have to figure out what the phrase is saying? Heaven Iced Hey would be "Have a nice day. That is how understanding an almost 2 year old is! I remember this game every time I'm trying to figure out what Mae is saying.
Example: Yesterday morning I asked Mae when she woke up if she would like me to make blueberry muffins for breakfast. She of course, replied with an ecstatic "YEAH!" Then she got down from my arms and went to play. A minute or so later she came running up to me shouting "Mopits! Mopits!" You would think I was smart enough to realize right away she was saying muffins....but I wasn't. I could not figure out what she was excited about. I assumed it just had to something to do with what she was playing with. So I just replied "yeah fun" and a head nod. Then she started saying "Mopits? Mopits?" Wondering if she was going to get some muffins. I was still trying to figure out what she was talking about. Got It! Mopits are muffins, duh!
She has a whole slew of other words in her vocabulary. For memory sake here's what she's saying these day.
What Mae says: What she means:
mope....................................milk
ah no....................................oh no (pretty close huh?)
noun.....................................down
dewsh...................................juice
bother..................................water
doosh....................................shoes
beet.......................................bird
ohs........................................horse
maymet................................blanket
Nono.....................................Jonah
Any.........................................cousin Kennedy
Pompa or papa...................Grandpa
Mama....................................Grandma
Ah-men..................................Marianne (one of our friends)
maf.........................................bath
deent......................................drink
nun.........................................done
dose.......................................shows
uv oo......................................love you
The list could go on but thats all I can remember. We are loving how much she is talking. She is not loving that we can't always quite understand her, but we will get there. :) She is too cute and keeps us smiling everyday. Her nickname "Sweets" is very fitting. Can't believe she will be 2 years old soon!
Anyway, Heaven Iced Hey!
7 Pieces of Awesomeness:
Haha I love that she calls jonah nono! That's too cute!
That is totally cute! When are you coming to see me again!? We have about 3 weeks left!
Aww! It truly is a science to figure out their words, we're to the point where we know most of what Caleb is saying, but other people still have a mysterious look on thier face sometimes if they don't know what WA-WEE (water) means! =)
I love that game!
I love your little Mae. She is so cute. We're doing the same thing with Halle. My favorite of hers is 'gilk' which is milk.
So cute! I love this stage.
Cute post. I never thought about it, but understanding kids is EXACTLY like MadGab. I love all her fun words. So sweet. I can't wait until Emma starts talking more.
So cute! I think she looks just like Mal-Mal.
Post a Comment