10.04.2008

I can never think of a clever post title!

Mal's birthday was a few weeks ago so we had a mini party for her before she headed off to the retirement home to play bingo with some old folks. Drew and I LOVE having her here in Provo living up the BYU experience with us. It blows our minds that she is in college now and that she is 19! She is pretty much the coolest! Love ya Mal Gal!


This is the stack of mini bundt cakes I made for her birthday cake. Her request was chocolate cake, ganache and raspberry. Its no "Great Wall of Chocolate Cake" from P.F. Changs, but it was still tastey.
The same weekend, Drew's brother and sister in-law, Phillip and Dana, came to town with their little boy, Caleb. We couldn't get over how big Caleb (10 months) looked compared to Mae. We know she will get bigger and she already is....but it was hard to imagine her his size.
We finally got Mae's crib set up. My Mom brought the bumpers and crib skirt she made with her when she came to help us with Mae after she was born. We LOVE how they turned out! Its exactly what I was picturing. She also brought my baby blanket (hanging on the right side of the crib) that my Grandma Connie made for me when I was a baby. I love that Mae gets to use it too.
Mae is still sleeping in her bassinet in our room but we thought we would see how she liked her crib. So far so good! :) She was just chillin' in there for a good half hour or so. Let's hope she still likes it that much when she starts sleeping in it every night.
We have so many pictures of her sleeping its kind of rediculous but she's just so adorable. I love her little foot sticking out of her gown and how balled up she is. Precious!

2 Pieces of Awesomeness:

Marissa and Blaine said...

What precious pictures! I love sleeping baby pictures. I absolutely love the crib and the fact that she will use your baby blanket. I love being able to pass down things like that. Mylee was blessed in my blessing dress. I feel honored that she wore it! So are you officially formula feeding? I saw all of the cans of Similac in the back round. As much as it stinks when you aren't able to nurse, it can be very convenient to bottle feed! We can give Mylee a bottle in her car seat if she's crying, leave her with other people without worrying about getting back to nurse her, etc. It's been fabulous.

{jane} said...

happy birthday Mal!

those bundt cakes look like the yummiest cakes of ever!

LOVE the crib, so so sentimentally cool that you have your quilt from Connie for Mae to use, Grandma connie is still keeping everyone warm!

Mae is beautiful, LOVE the pictures of her sleeping, don't rush her getting bigger, it will happen before you know it! It's so fun while they are TINY and squishy!

You should call and come over to make some flower hair clips {with my endless supplies} for Mae's locks of amazing hair!