10.31.2008

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!


Our little pumpkin is all tuckered out. She had her first immunizations yesterday. It was a traumatic experience for us all. I'm pretty sure it was most traumatizing for Mae, but I have to admit I cried with her. She fell asleep while we were waiting for the doctor and woke up to the doctor poking and prodding her......so she was already worked up and then came the shots. We have never seen her cry like she did. I made Drew come with me to the appointment for support; he was more than willing to come along. He must have been a little too anxious to get the appointment over with because we got a speeding ticket on the way there. We aren't looking forward to the 4 month appointment when it happens all over again. Neither of us know if we can handle it again......maybe we should ask Mae if she can. haha She is doing great now! Hopefully next time doesn't include another speeding ticket.


Thanks Grandma Scarbrough for the pumpkin outfit!!!! 

9 Pieces of Awesomeness:

Alec and Emily said...

So cute! She looks adorable in that outfit. I am sure that when I have kids I am not going to like the whole shot thing either, I think it is tramatic to get themselve.

Alec and Emily said...

them myself it what I meant!:)

{jane} said...

your little pumpkin is so so cute!

I'm not sure if it's my computer, but I had to find your "invisible" comments icon by my mouse... alot of items on your blog are missing on my screen?!?

Joel said...

She looks so cute!! And she looks like she getting so much bigger! Sorry about the ticket, I hate it when that happens, dirty dirty Po Po!

Alyssa said...

Cutest pumpkin ever!

kate said...

oh what a DOLL that little pumpkin is!

I'm right with you on the shots thing... our first experience was lousy! I cried too! The 4 month ones went much better because I was more prepared. I gave her tylenol on the WAY to the dr, and brought a little bottle of sugar water to give her right after the shots. Seemed to help for us! :)

hope all is well with you!
-kate.

ps.. i love your long hair, hailey! so pretty.

Andrew and Lyndsey Richardson said...

The shots thing is never fun. Especially their first. You definitely are more prepared for the others, but still not fun. I do the Tylenol thing as well and then bring a little treat for after!

Anonymous said...

awww. she is so sweet in this picture. i love babies. i agree on the shots thing. i am just grateful that there are about 10 more months until anden gets them again. they get easier i promise. she may still always cry, but she will pick up on the fact that mommy is always there to comfort her afterward-- then it may get easier.

Anonymous said...

How cute is she!!!