11.29.2010

get crafty with me now


We did a couple little projects around the house over the thanksgiving break.

#1 - sign for above our shadow box

Hailey wanted a sign up above our shadow box in our dining room. We found the wood that composed the frame on the side of the road and the inside is a piece of backing painted with chalkboard paint. We thought it would be cool to be able to write different things in this spot. Mallory is going to use some of her artistic ability to write our first message there. Of course lots needs to be done still. Still need to do the art on the chalkboard and still need to fill our shadow box with pictures. We really like it...


#2 - new lamp
So we have been dragging this lamp around for two years now. I was doing some work in Portland and someone gave it to me for free and we thought we could do something to it. So this weekend Hailey did her thing. Some ribbon, fabric, and buttons later it is done. We think it looks great in the kids room.

#3 New chest of drawers and mirror in the bedroom

Hailey and I have never owned a dresser. We finally got one and mounted this mirror to go with it in our room this weekend. (sorry for the mess on top) Hailey is trying to think of something to on the wall on both sides now.


Hailey and I are different then most when it comes to "decorating" our home. I guess I am not one of the husbands that could care less. For the most part I am just great with whatever Hailey decides to do but sometimes I don't mind at all helpin out. Ya thats right, I don't mind getting my craft on here and there.The other thing I have noticed is we take forever to do something decorating wise. We both wait and wait until we really like the idea of something up on the wall or in the bedroom. Many told us that our place is kind of plain at the beginning, but I think its getting to where we would like it, slowly but we will get there.

3 Pieces of Awesomeness:

Sarra said...

Um, those crafts are pieces of awesomeness!
It's nice that you chip in for Hailey, Drew, because sometimes it can be really difficult trying to decide on your own how things should go.

Etts a Beautiful Life said...

#1 I'm surprised that people think it is their business what your home looks like. I have always thought your home is beautiful. Our house looks like a half a step up from the D.I. but we are working on it.
#2 That's awesome that you are involved because Brett told me if it was up to him he'd have nothing but white walls.

Andrew and Lyndsey Richardson said...

Yay for you! I love new crafts. They always make things all the better. They look great!