I have all these random things to talk about, I couldn't think of a good post title. Hence, Post No Name.
ONE. Does anyone else think Peanut Butter Popcorn sounds good? I found this recipe on one of my FAVORITE blogs OurBestBites, and I can't get it out of my mind. MUST MAKE PEANUT BUTTER POPCORN. Maybe its because I sampled some yummy popcorn at Costco the other day. But Drew isn't really a fan of popcorn so I don't want to make it and have way too much popcorn to eat by myself. Thats not really good Hood to Coast training food.

TWO. I LOVE running. I have recently gotten back into running and each morning I go out I actually want to cry. Tears of JOY! It feels that good to me. Its challenging (especially here in the high elevation of Denver), it inspires me, it makes me happy. Thank you Hood to Coast for giving me one of many reasons to start running again. For those of you who don't know what Hood to Coast is........watch this.
THREE. Drew is A-MAZING. Can I just say that? I love him. He works hard, endlessly, for our little family. He is the worlds greatest dad to our Mae flower and Joners. And he is the only person/thing that keeps me from loosing it on a daily basis. "They" say its good in your first years of marriage to live away from family because it helps you rely on each other more. That is just how it has worked for us and I couldn't feel more blessed to have Drew as my eternal companion. (I know, shmoopy. Get over it.)
FOUR. The weather here is crazy. I can't complain too much about the rain because we are from Oregon and I do love me some rain. But the way it rains here is cramping our style a little. You see Jonah naps from about 10 to noon. Mae naps from about 1 to 3. Jonah naps again from about 2-3:30. THEN we get outside. We go to the park, a long walk or find a pool to beat the heat. But lately, its always raining by the time we are ready to go out. That leaves us in the car a lot or hanging out at Target, Walmart or my favorite Costco. (Or inviting myself over to Lyndsey and Michelles. They definitely help keep me sane as well. :)) I think the main reason why this is bothering is because I know what the winter will be like and I want to get out as much as we can before we are stuck inside. The winters are LOOONG.
FIVE. Update on the muffin recipe I posted previously. Mae and I made them this morning with fresh blueberries and they were delicious. Last time I made them with frozen wild blueberries and they weren't too flavorful. But these plump, fresh blueberries were just the thing. I put in about 2 cups because I always like some extra berries, we are hooked. Thank goodness because the chocolate chips kind of defeat the "healthy" purpose.
4 Pieces of Awesomeness:
I love your updates. I miss you and wish I knew your little family better. Your kids are so adorable. Seriously, so cute. I'm glad you blog. :)
1. Yay for running! I'm really stoked about all the races in South Carolina and how late into the year they can be held. Good luck on your race!! That will be awesome. Are you doing it with your family or just friends back home? I would definately like to do that one some day, reminds me of crazy all- night college adventure races! 2. making the mopits- SOON!
3. Where are your babies??? We need a picture fix!
Thanks for the tip on the yummy blog. I've been a slacker in the blogging world- you've inspired me to get going again! It was so good to see you and Beau. I enjoyed your post about him & am very sorry for your ache. You truly have an amazing family - you are all such an example to me! Love ya!
Look forward to running HTC with you!
Post a Comment