12.09.2009

one in a million


This is a picture of Hai and I the night we got engaged. We took a small plane ride during the sunset over oregon and then landed in Portland to have dinner. (man, we look a lot less tired in that pic then we do now)

(us that same night getting some dessert)

I by no means profess I really know a whole lot about having a successful marriage. But I think you are headed in the right direction when you look at pictures from your engagement and you still feel excitement and love the memories you made that night, while still having that same feeling today about that same girl.

A LOT has happened since that night.

We have been married 3 years today. (holy crap!) We have moved 9 times since being married, we have TWO awesome kids, we bought our first place (and love it!), we have done things to make each other proud, we have been there for each other, we still laugh everyday together at something (see giant meat tube below), and we have been doing our best to live our lives the way we best know how.

Let it be known how awesome SUGAR BUNZ is. Here is a short list of why:

1. She is making over 60 sugar cookies today for my group presentation I am giving at school tomorrow.
2. She has given me TWO beautiful/amazing/gorgeous/healthy/adorable kids.
3. She rocks it as a Mom. Those kids are lucky to have her. Always makes sure we are all on track.
4. She just had a baby, and totally hasn't missed a beat. She still makes me a delicious meal every night, cleans up after me, and takes care of our home.
5. She is drop dead gorgeous

I wrote the list above and have been sitting here for another 15 mins trying to put into words how I feel about this girl. The only other thing I can say is...

I just absolutely, with all my heart, love the heck out of you sugar bunz. happy anniversary!

10 Pieces of Awesomeness:

Dana Scarbrough said...

You guys for sure have been busy! Happy Anniversary. =)

Ashleigh said...

Awe, the was sweet, Drew! You are a perfect match for my Hai. I'm glad to know you both are so happy.

Hailey said...

oh goodness I definitely don't deserve this post. I am pretty much the luckiest girl alive for being married to that man. I love you babe, thanks for being so sweet to me. And thanks for 3 AMAZING years and an eternity more to come.

Ksenia said...

aww.

C Bass said...

I'd just like to say that if it wasn't for Gourmet Foods at Glencoe High School, the phrase "Sugar Bunz" would never have become synonymous with Hailey. You're welcome. :)

Drew said...

Chris, that is correct, and those were the days.

papak said...

Drew,
Thanks for taking such good care of my daughter and grandkids. You and Hailey have made a wonderful life together. We look forward to having you all home for Christmas.

Love Dad

Andrew and Lyndsey Richardson said...

So sweet Drew. Happy Anniversary to you both!

coycoy said...

Happy Anniversary guys! Oh, and Hailey: Joel and I were at Costco one time and he wanted to get that huge giant tube of meat, but I couldn't do it, it really is just NASTY looking......hahaha Love you guys!

{jane} said...

congratulations you two! 3 years? wow, you two are serious when it comes to accomplishing ALOT in a little time!!!