WARNING (again): Still dealing with those postpartum hormones. I can't help it, they have a mind of their own!
I'm grateful to have TWO beautiful, HEALTHY children.
I'm grateful that Drew is able to attend BYU.
I'm grateful for the beautiful place where we live, and the awesome neighbors we have around us.
I'm grateful that although both of our cars clutches went out within days of each other, that at least one of them works now so we can still do the things that we need to.
I'm grateful for being able to get the H1N1 vaccination. Long story short, we were all (except Jonah) able to get the vaccine during Jonah's 2 week appointment.
I'm grateful for our mothers that were willing to sacrifice their time to help us(me) adjust to having kidS.
I'm grateful for a husband who LOVES me and is patient with me and my emotions. Who is beyond helpful in every way possible. Who works incredibly hard at school and work for our family. And who is the best dad I could have ever imagined. Nothing makes me feel more warm and fuzzy than watching him with our kids. :)
I'm grateful for tender mercy's from Heavenly Father that help me get through these sleep deprived days.
I'm grateful for prayer, I KNOW our prayers are answered.
I'm grateful for dark chocolate, its delicious.
(haircut)
Mae has been such a great big sister. In some ways this transition has been rough and in other ways it has been wonderful. Mae loves Jonah and always looks for him when she wakes up. She really doesn't like it when he cries and wants us to help him right away. She gets a kick out of being able to kiss him and help burp him with me. But she is not a big fan of the times we have to sit down to feed Jonah, taking full attention off of her. She has entered the tantrum phase. We are learning how to handle this new phase and she is learning that she isn't the only person in the world that mom and dad need to give attention to.
Drew and I are still trying to get used to the fact that we have "kidS". We definitely have our hands full BUT (as the post title says) we feel so blessed that we have been trusted to raise these adorable little ones.
ps. sorry no pics of Mae family folk... haven't got a good one of her lately. she is always on the move
2 Pieces of Awesomeness:
This is a great post Hailey! I love that Mae is so eager to help, and its fabulous that you had both moms around to help you out! Jonah is getting cuter and cuter! Man! And we thought Caleb grew fast ( never lost weight and five ounces in the first five days)but this kid is incredible! We have a super hair genes on our hands in this family- that's all I know. We can't wait to see him! Mae will survive the tantrums, try to have patience and explain as much as you can to her! Good luck this week!
~Dana
Awww he is so dang adorable! I can't believe that he has already had a haircut. Gotta love that hair!
Post a Comment