8.18.2008

Where have we been?!

WARNING! This post will be very long due to my lack of blogging! It has been one thing to the next so I thought I would just wait for it all before blogging. Or....maybe I just didn't get around to blogging. Sorry, for all who have been waiting for updates but that's what I'm here for now!

1. After I got back from my trip to Seattle and Portland I took a road trip up to Provo where I've been going for my monthly check-ups. It was the road trip of death!!!! I really thought I was going to die and this is why. It was the hottest days of the summer in Vegas. On my way out of town I got stuck in some traffic, a few fender benders and a car on fire slowed everyone down....pretty much the usually happenings in Vegas. So after finally making it out of Vegas, the car starts over heating. We have never had this problem with our car but put it in traffic in 115 degree sunshiney weather and its sure to hurt it a little. So I had to turn off the AC, roll down the windows and get the heater blowing. Miserable thing for anyone to have to do.....but I ask all to have pitty on the pregnant woman who had to endure this. I ended up making it to St. George before I couldn't stand it anymore. I was overheating myself and sick of sitting in my own sweat. So what did I do....parked at McDonalds got myself a little ice cream cone and some powerade and sat for a half hour in one of the nicest McDonalds I've ever been in. By the time I got the courage up to get back in the car the sun was starting to go down so it was starting to cool down. I ended up being fine the rest of the way to Provo. The next morning I had my appointment, ran some errands and hit the road back to Vegas. Everything was going great, I made it almost the whole trip using the AC and everything but it was too good to be true to make it ALL the way back. The car started over heating about the time I hit St. George and it just got worse because the closer I got to Vegas, the HOTTER it got. I was literally in tears on the phone with Drew afraid I was going to kill our baby because I was getting so hot. And I was in the middle of nowhere so stopping again at a McDonalds was out of the question. But I'm obviously still alive and so is our little baby so I made it!


2. The week after that Drew and I (after MUCH begging from me and Melissa) went to the Everton family reunion and LOVED it! It was a great vacation, especially for Drew to get a break from selling and from Vegas. He had fun going golfing with the boys, boating and wake boarding....surfing as well, hanging out at Bear Lake, playing in the volleyball tournament, playing games, etc. I got to sit and watch for pretty much everything but still enjoyed every bit. You would think I would have taken more pictures since I wasn't participating in most events but I didn't bring my camera with me much. I really need to get better with that. So the only picture I have is of my dad walking with the grandkids on a little hike we all went on to see some tree that wasn't too glorious compared to the trees we have up in Oregon. haha


3. The last week in July, Drews parents came to visit us in Vegas and helped move me back up to Provo. Let me tell you they were lifesavers for doing that for Drew and I. I definitely could not have moved back up on my own and gotten our storage unit cleaned out. We left EARLY Monday morning (2:00 in the morning early) to make it to Provo by 8. Drew had set up for some guys from the elders quorum in our new ward to meet us at the storage unit to help us move our wonderful but heavier than HEAVY couch and other things. We ended up for some reason not making it into town until 9. We didn't have the numbers of the guys helping us, all we had was the bishops number and the storage unit.....neither answering. We we SURE those guys would not be there waiting for us and were wracking our brains trying to figure out who else could possibly help because there was no way Drews dad, or any man could move our couch on their own. But we pulled up to the storage unit....and there were 4 guys STILL waiting for us. I almost cried! Talk about a tender mercy. We were so grateful for all of their help and I am so grateful for them and Drews family for taking care of me so well. I literally just sat in a chair with my feet up while I told them where to put things. I am all settled in just waiting for my wonderful husband to return so we can let this baby come. :)

4. To keep me busy I've been getting the babies room ready and acquiring more stuff that we are so excited to have to pack up and move again next April. haha Sorry, but with moving so fresh in my mind, the last thing I want to do is get more stuff that I'm going to have to pack up again later. But all the baby stuff is just so cute and FUN! I can't help myself. Here are some pics of a few things I've gotten or crafts I've done for her room.




We got a GREAT deal on craingslist for the swing I was really wanting. It swings both directions side-to-side and back-to-front. I wonder if she will like it? haha We also got a "diaper champ" on craigslist......we will see what kind of a champ it is, I'm not expecting a lot from it. I modge podged Mae's letters and painted some flowers to some how put up in her room. Not sure what to do with them yet. And my friend Alyssa made that adorable diaper cake for me with some really cute pacifier clips she made sitting on top of it (you can't see them but they are so cute).

5. I've been having weekly check-ups now and everything is going well. Her heartbeat continues to be strong and sounding good. She is very active, moving around and I am feeling as great as you can at 37 weeks. I went to a birthing class last saturday and about DIED when I saw the vidoe of labors. Ali, you were right it was pretty scary and I needed some ice cream for comfort after the traumatizing experience although I didn't get any. haha You would think I actually went through labor the way I sound! I thought I have gotten myself into something that is impossible to do. But after some calming words from Margaret and from others.....I think I will be able to do it. I have no desires to give it a try until Drew is back here to support me through it though. So I'm praying she doesn't come early.

I think I have updated you on everything. We are (well, I guess I'm) loving our apartment in Wymount and our new ward. Everyone has been so wonderful and helpful while I've been here on my own. Drew and I feel so blessed with everything going on in our lives. We are especially grateful for the love and support of our families during this transitional but very exciting time. We hope everyone else is happy and well!

3 Pieces of Awesomeness:

Courtney B said...

that heat sounds intense! that is crazy! and i LOVE the little "mae" letters!!! those are soooooo cute!

Andrew and Lyndsey Richardson said...

It is so fun catching up on what you are doing and how you are doing. I bet you are READY to be done with the pregnancy thing, especially after that heat story! The room is looking cute. Can't wait until you post pictures of the finished product. Keep us updated!

Darren and Traci said...

So busy and so close to being due, wow! That heat story sucks. I can't stand the heat when I'm not pregnant so that must have been so hard for you having a baby keeping you that much warmer. The letters you made are adorable. And in regards to watching the birthing videos, I don't think any pregnant person should ever be allowed to watch those. They are way more scary than the real thing so no worries. I hope things will be able to settle down for you for a little bit before the baby comes.