I have so much to share where to begin! I got to go to Seattle for a week and help Melissa and Kimball with the new baby and kids. It was so fun! I have the cutest nieces and nephew ever. Just look at them....
The weather there couldn't have been better and Seattle is so beautiful. I felt so spoiled after coming from Vegas. Drew took me to the airport at 6:30 in the morning and it was already 90 degrees. I felt so bad leaving him in the heat to knock doors everyday while I went to the cooler northwest for 2 weeks. But it was so fun to hang out with Lissa and Kimball and the kids and my mom came up a few days after me. Lissa had great advice to give me since I have no clue what it will be like once our baby comes. It was nice to see her in action with a newborn. She is an amazing mom with lots of love and patience!
After a week in Seattle my mom and I drove back down to Portland. There ended up being a heat wave while we were down there and I about died since our house doesn't have AC. haha Pregnancy and heat really don't go together at all. Everyone kept telling me it would be miserable during the summer but I really didn't think much of it. NOW, I get it! But I still enjoyed my time at home. Most of it I spent hanging out with my mom because Beau and Mal were busy working or looking for a job. It was great seeing Zach and Ksenia and chatting pregnancy with Ksenia. Its been so fun being pregnant with my sisters and sister in-law. And thanks you guys for giving us some relief from the heat at your place!
My mom and Val had a baby shower for me which was also REALLY hot! But I had fun seeing a lot of people and got a lot of great stuff for the baby. Drews family got us a great bassinet that we are so excited about. Its hard with a bassinet because the baby won't be in it for very long so buying one wasn't too thrilling. But they found a practically new one at a garage sale for such a steal I'm so glad they didn't pass it up and soooo grateful! And my parents got me the cutest pink bouncer chair that I really wanted but couldn't justify buying because it wasn't a neutral color that I could use when we have a boy. Its so nice getting those things that you want so bad but wouldn't actually buy yourself. One of the great things about presents! Love them! haha
Drew and I decided 2 weeks away from each other was way too long, we won't be doing that again if we can help it. Except for the fact that we will have to again in August when I move back to Provo. haha But when he picked me up from the aiport we went out to dinner at PF Changs. LOVE that place, the sweet and sour pork (or chicken) is to die for. When we got back to our apartment my sweet husband had chocolate dipped strawberries waiting for dessert. He dipped them himself. I was so impressed and they were HEAVENLY!
Let's see what else? Oh, the 4th fo July. We actually didn't do much....you've gotta be crazy to go out in Vegas on the 4th. Too many drunk people plus fireworks ='s DANGER! So we laid low. Drew knocked doors during the day and got some sells so working the holiday was a success. He was home by 3:00 so we went to the pool to cool off. I made some 4th of July star cakes and bought some sparklers so that was about the extent of our festivities. Our pictures turned out horrible for some reason so forgive me for the poor quality. If you can't tell by the pictures, I was exhausted and not feeling so cute. Sleeping hasn't been going so well the more pregnant I get. Still can't complain though with how smooth everything is going I will take the sleepless nights. They are getting me ready for nights up with the baby, right?

By the way, I am now just about 32 weeks along. I had a doctors appointment on Wednesday morning and everything went very well. The baby has a healthy heartbeat and she is kicking plenty. They measured me and said I'm measuring at about 30 weeks and I was at 31. They said thats pretty normal for a first pregnancy to be measuring a little small. I hope thats true. My trip to and from Provo for the appointment is a whole other story for another blog, I will definitely have to share later. Lets just say it was SCORCHING HOT and I thought I was going to die. haha







17 Pieces of Awesomeness:
Your trip sounds really fun (and much needed.) I hear you on the summer pregnancy thing. I had Josh July 26th last year and I thought I was going to die many times because of the heat. Luckily our house had AC, however, the master bedroom was the only place that didn't have it (it was an addition and the owners never put it in... weird, I know.) I slept in the basement most nights because that was the coolest place in the house. You look great, though (even though you probably don't feel like it... at least I never did.) Can't wait to see your little girl! Take care.
It was great having you, I wish you guys lived closer. I totally agree with the "two weeks is too long" verdict. It stinks. Maybe with kids it's a little easier because they distract you?
You look great -- can't wait to meet Mae.
That is so awesome that you were able to go spend a couple weeks with Melissa and help her with her kids. I'm sure she was so grateful, and what better Mom to get pre-baby instructions from!
Sounds like there were moments that were HOT, but worth it! Very cute bassinet and baby bouncer, if you can, get a swing - they are priceless!!!
You are absolutely beautiful, I hope the last 2 months of the pregnancy go as well as the first 8! take care.
Thank you everyone for telling me I look good. Jamie was right, I don't feel like I look good feeling large and in charge. haha But I'm enjoying the pregnant look the best I can. I'm headed to yoga now! :)
P.S. Jane-I have my eye on a swing I think I will break down and by it once we move back to Provo. Its one of those swings that goes side to side instead of back to front. I like it I think. I guess the question is, will she like it?
That's nice that you were able to make the rounds and see family and get some pregnancy/mommy tips while you were at it! You are so dang cute and small with just your little itty bitty tummy. Sorry you feel large, it just comes with the territory I guess but you don't look it.
What a thoughtful husband to hand dip some strawberries for you! Darren just buys them because I go through them too fast haha, they are my favorite treat!
Also glad you got some great stuff at your shower, it helps SO much to get those presents with the first baby.
she may like the side to side, you dont sway front to back right? you sway side to side, so hopefully she'll like it. hailey YOU ARE GORGEOUS i only wish i was half as beautiful as you whilst pregnant.
ah Hailey, you are the cutest. Seriously, how are all you girls looking so tiny and cute and dolled up while pregnant, and I was sweaty, greasy and puffy the whole time? I guess it's just the way the cards are dealt sometimes. Yes, we are going to be coming to Utah. We'll get there on the 31st of August and then Chad will leave around the 2nd or 3rd of September. We honestly won't have much time to visit people, but since we missed out on seeing you last time, I'll make it a priority to see you this time. I really want to see you all preggo before you have your little girl. Well, I want to see you after, too, but you know what I mean. Anyway, we'll have to call you when we get there and have a better idea of our schedule. I think we may only have one day while Chad is there to go visit people, and then after he leaves I won't have a car of my own. I'll be stay at Jamie's until the 5th and leaving with my parent's to Malaysia (YAY!!!). Anywho, I can't wait to see you!!!
Wait, I totally just realized that you guys are living in Vegas...so are you going to be taking a trip to Utah since your fam will be there? Yeah, it's kind of hectic traveling to go see family and then trying to fit in everyone else that you want to see, but I really hope we get to see eachother. I've missed ya Hai! I guess I didn't think about how close to your due date that would be. You're SO CLOSE!!! I'll bet you are just dying to get this girl out so you can see her. Well, if this time doesn't work out, then we'll make another time work out. We'll be in Oregon for Christmas...actually, if my parents get home in October (I really hope they do) then we'll be in Oregon LOTS, so we could see you anytime you happen to come and visit. Anywho, we'll see how things go this trip around!
Boy do I feel old! In my mind you are still the little girl who vacationed with Marissa and me. Now here you are, a beautiful mother-to-be.
Congratulations!
Pam
hailey, i', starting to get worried, you havent posted in a little while? where are you?
You look adorable. I can't believe that you're due so soon. Seems like we were just on the cruise and there was no sign of baby!!!
Congrats! You are so beautiful prego!! You and Drew are such a good looking couple too... can't wait to see pictures of the future Scarbrough kiddo:-)
It was good to see you two this past week - we're so excited for your little girl to get here :) i need to get your address so i can send this book, sorry i didn't finish it at the reunion. you can email me at caldwellcami@gmail.com
thanks!
Drew and Hailey! I found your blog off Maria's (I may have had it before, but lost it) and it was so fun to catch up on you both. It is so crazy to me that you are that far along in the pregnancy thing. I guess it has been that long since we've seen you. I am so excited for you- a girl! What are you going to name her? You are in the final stretch, and I am happy for you. That last little bit is tough (the whole thing is rough, but the end- wow!) When you both get back and settled with the new one, we will have to come see her! I hope everything is going well for you both.
Hailey! OK, I'm really behind on commenting on your blog but I just had to say that you are an adorable prego girl. I'm so happy that you married Drew too! All those stories and letters and sighing over him during culinary school really paid off huh? :) Anyway, good to hear from you!!
hmm so hope everything is ok. I think you're moving or something right? Is that why there's no updates lately?
Post a Comment