5.20.2008

We know.....its about time for an update!

Ok, so I realize we've majorally neglected the blog since the first post but we're turning over a new leaf. I will try and give as brief of an update as possible while trying to be good with details. So lets start with............

September: Drew started his first semester at BYU and was glad to be done selling for the summer. We were both happy to be in Provo after the summer in crazy Las Vegas. Vegas drivers are worse than Utah drivers believe it or not. I got a job with Kneaders Bakery as a pastry chef.

October: Same thing, Drew was going to school I was working. Life! We had fun going to football games and will definitely be getting AllSports passes for next season.
November: Drew school; me LOTS of work for the holidays. For Thanksgiving we went to the Evertons (my dads side of the family) and had a delicious feast. We had fun seeing lots of cousins and aunts and uncles who all live in Utah.

December: Drew finished up his classes and did amazing of course! He was done by the 17th or something like that. But Kneaders kept me there until the 21st. We drove home to Oregon for Christmas and had a wonderful break with both families.
January: Drews company that he sells for during the summer (Preventive Pest Control or PPC) took us on a weekend retreat to Park City where I went snowboarding for the first time and loved it! Drew hadn't been since before his mission and loved every minute of it. After that we found out we're pregnant and had been since the beginning of December without even knowing it. We were and are so excited! Drew started his 2nd semester with quite a heavy load of classes.

February: Drew worked extra hard to get ahead in all his classes so we could go on a cruise for a week with a bunch of people from PPC. We LOVED the warm weather and had fun visiting Puerto Vallarta, Mazatlan and Cabo.
March: Drew and I celebrated our 23rd birthdays and got to have a lot of visitors. Melissa and Kimball (my sister and brother in-law), Kim and Whitney (Drews mom and sister) and Mom and Mal. We had a great time with all the visitors and did lots of shopping. I also finished up work at Kneaders and started packing up all our stuff for our move back down to Vegas. And Drew surprised me with the crib I had my eye on but thought wasn't in the budget to get. He is wonderful!
April: Drew finished up his second semester which officially makes him a Junior! Hooray, he's getting closer! He aced all his finals and worked so hard to get the awesome grades he got in all his classes. I'm a very proud wife! We found out right before we moved that we're having a GIRL! Very exciting news! We packed up our apartment, left a good majority of our stuff in a storage unit and hit the road for Vegas. We got settled here and Drew hit the ground running. He's managing the sells office and selling as well.

I think that brings us up to date to the NOW...or May. I am just starting into my 6th month of pregnancy or as the Dr. has me say, I am 24 weeks along. I have a picture to prove it but I'm still waiting for that really round pregnant tummy.
I am feeling great but lacking in the sleep area. I think its a mix of back pain and getting too hot that keeps me tossing and turning all night. I'm already propping myself up with all sorts of pillows from head to toe. Poor Drew hardly has any room on the bed and gets woken up by me resituating myself to find a comfortable position. It seems early in the pregnancy to be having this problem already. But we have just been so grateful for how well everything has been going its hard to complain about things like not enough pillows or a good enough fan to help me sleep.

Drew has been so busy working hard managing the office here and selling every day. I am amazed at how hard he can push himself even on a day like yesterday when it was 108 degrees outside. Luckily its supposed to be back down to the 80's/high 70's by the end of the week. But we're getting a taste of what the rest of the summer has in store. Drew is doing awesome though and I'm very proud of him for always being consistent in how hard he works every day. This job is brutal!

Thats about it for now. We will definitely be updating the blog more often (I do have quite a bit of time on my hands) and we hope all of you are doing well! If anyone is making a trip down to Vegas let us know we welcome visitors anytime.

10 Pieces of Awesomeness:

Alyssa said...

Hailey, you are so tiny still! I only wish that I will look that good when I am 24 weeks pregnant!

Darren and Traci said...

that was a cool update on the world of Drew and Hailey for the last little bit. You are absolutely adorable pregnant by the way!

Hailey said...

Traci! So fun to hear from you thanks for the compliment. I'm having fun being pregnant but sometimes I just feel so fat. haha

Ashleigh said...

I didn't even know you had a blog!! I'm glad you do. It's nice to be able to stalk eachother and see what's going on in eachother's lives. You're the cutest pregnant mama! I'd show you what I looked like at 24 weeks, but nobody wants to see that. I get huge! Anyway, yay for blogs. We love ya!

RoLo said...

Holy cow of course I remember you!!!!! I have been wondering about you every since the first time you posted on the Culinary Arts blog. It is so good to hear from you and the next time you are in Oregon let me know b/c Rolf and I are still in Seattle.

Drew said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
RoLo said...

Oh also if you give me your email address I will add you onto my blog list. Right now it is restricted.

Hailey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Hailey-
did you forget about us? Peter, Michael and Anden...? I am so happy to see your blog, and OH you're pregnant- how AWESOME!. where do y'all live now? Peter and I are coming to PRovo in August, I am not sure where you'll be then but it would be nice to see you!

{jane} said...

adorable new blog - I'll be checking in!